eDISCOVERY & Digital Forensics
Justice isn’t served without the truth. Evidence can be discovered almost anywhere. If you have the right people and tools.
Electronic discovery (also called e-discovery) refers to any process in which electronic data is sought, located, secured, and searched with the intent of using it as evidence in a civil or criminal legal proceeding. E-discovery can be executed offline on a particular computer or it can be done in a network. Data of all types can serve as evidence.
As part of our computer forensic and e-discovery services, we can retrieve, preserve, catalogue, and analyze electronic data stored on computer hard drives, servers, e-mail systems, phone systems, cell phones, tablets and even personal entertainment systems such as iPods. We can assist in a wide range of matters including financial investigations, employee terminations, litigation support and regulatory proceedings.
What about malware?
Even malware such as viruses, trojans, and spyware can be secured and investigated. E-mail can be an especially valuable source of evidence in civil or criminal litigation as people are often less careful in these exchanges than with hard-copy correspondence such as written memos and postal letters.
Artefaktum`s electronic discovery experts work directly with outside counsel, general counsel, corporate executives, bank examiners, bankruptcy trustees, forensic accountants, fraud examiners, and damages experts to deliver objective advice in all phases of the electronic discovery process.
- Litigation readiness planning
- “Meet & Confer” consulting
- Discovery planning
- Internal investigations
- Complex litigation
- Data acquisition and analysis
- E-mail reconstruction and analysis
- Relationship and fact link analysis
- Transaction anomaly detection
- Corporate litigation planning
- Planning, consulting and execution
- Execution of court orders
- Forensic preservation of user hard drives and/or other storage media
- Deleted & active file investigations
- Password/encryption recovery